MONICA TARCEA, ZITA FAZAKAS, VIKTORIA SZUCS, ZSOLT KOVACS, ENIKO NEMES NAGY, PETER OLAH, MARIANA TILINCA, RAQUEL GUINE MEAN DIETARY FIBER INTAKE OF ROMANIAN ADULTS RESULTS OF A SURVEY QUESTIONNAIRE The role of dietary fibers is crucial especially for the prevention of degenerative diseases and cancer. The purpose of this study was to find practical mathematical formulas to calculate the mean dietary fiber intake of Romanian adult population. Based on the intakes of vegetables, fruits and whole cereals we calculated the Mean Dietary Fiber Intake/day/person (MDFI). Our research shows that the national average MDFI was 9.8 g fiber/day/person, meaning 38% of Dietary Requirements, and the rest of 62% representing a fiber gap that we have to take into account. Public health programs actions sustained and developed by the Romanian Dietitians should be taken towards increasing the consumption of fiber-rich products associated with an increased frequency of physical activity, because these actions will be helpful in reducing chronic diseases incidence in Romania.